Call for Nominations for LANP Board of Directors Now Open
The Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners is pleased to announce the call for nominees to serve on the 2021-2022 LANP Board of Directors.
Serving on the LANP Board is a rewarding experience and an outstanding way to have a greater voice for Louisiana Nurse Practitioners. Members of the Board of Directors of LANP shall serve to represent the best interest of LANP by establishing strategic priorities and direction of the organization in fulfilling the mission of LANP.
The following positions are open for the 2021 Board slate:
- Vice President
According to LANP By-laws: Article VIII: Section 4, the Co-Representative shall be elected in even years.
- Baton Rouge
- Lake Charles
- New Orleans
- Student Representative (This position is appointed by the LANP Executive Committee.)
Candidates for the Treasurer position must have served on the Board of Directors within the previous six years prior. Candidates for a Regional Representative position must be an active regular or retired member in good standing. Candidates for the Student Representative position must be an active student member in good standing. Must be able to serve as a current student at least 12 months.
- The term of office is two years.
- The Board of Directors meets at a minimum of 4 times per year.
- All Board Members are expected to take an active leadership role in LANP, which may include chairing a committee.
- Since the Board of Directors is responsible for directing the activities and functions of LANP, Board Members are expected to attend as many LANP functions as possible.
- It is essential for Board members to be connected to the membership through attendance at regional meetings, activities and functions of LANP.
Call for Nominations are now open, July 1, 2020 through August 3, 2020. If you wish to nominate yourself or someone else, please do so by completing the form via the link below.
The nominees will be posted for the election of board members August 7 through August 28, 2020.
*Student Representative position will not be posted for election as this position will be appointed.
2021 Board Members will be announced on September 4, 2020. All Board Members are elected by a simple majority of members done electronically via the LANP website.