Call for Nominations for LANP Board of Directors Is Closing on August 1, 2019!
The Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners is pleased to announce the call for nominees to serve on the 2020 LANP Board of Directors.
Serving on the LANP Board is a rewarding experience and an outstanding way to have a greater voice for Louisiana Nurse Practitioners. Members of the Board of Directors of LANP shall serve to represent the best interest of LANP by establishing strategic priorities and direction of the organization in fulfilling the mission of LANP.
The following positions are open for the 2020 Board slate:
According to LANP By-laws: Article VIII: Section 4, the Regional Representative shall be elected in odd years.
- Baton Rouge
- Lake Charles
- New Orleans
Candidates for the President position must have served on the Board of Directors within the previous six years prior. Candidates for Secretary & Regional Representative position must be an active regular or retired member in good standing.
- The term of office is two years.
- The Board of Directors meets at a minimum of 4 times per year.
- All Board Members are expected to take an active leadership role in LANP, which may include chairing a committee.
- Since the Board of Directors is responsible for directing the activities and functions of LANP, Board Members are expected to attend as many LANP functions as possible.
- It is essential for Board members to be connected to the membership through attendance at regional meetings, activities and functions of LANP.
Additional job responsibilities associated with the President & Secretary position are available upon request.
Call for Nominations are now open through August 1, 2019. If you wish to nominate yourself or someone else, please do so by completing the form via the link below.
The nominees will be posted for the election of board members August 5 through August 22, 2019.
2020 Board Members will be announced on September 1, 2019. All Board Members are elected by a simple majority of members done electronically via the LANP website.