Competency Based Training for Suicide Prevention Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Generalist Role
This announcement has 1 attachment:
Please consider attending the American Psychiatric Nurses Association's event on April 18, 2018 in Baton Rouge, LA 8:00am-4:30pm.
For more details and registration information, please see the attached flyer. Or CLICK HERE to register.
The deadline to register is April 8.
Earn 6.5 Continuing Nursing Education Contact Hours
Learn how to:
- Describe risk and protective factors related to suicide.
- Demonstrate self-awareness of emotional reactions, attitudes, and beliefs related to previous experiences with suicide.
- Perform an independent risk assessment for self-directed violence (non-suicidal and suicidal) through use of a case study example based on competency based education.
- Develop a collaborative safety plan with the patient/family based on competency based education.
- Identify environmental hazards based on the unit and personal levels.