Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action webinar on Nurse-Driven Innovations to Improve Health
Please join the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action for a webinar on
Nurse-Driven Innovations to Improve Health
Tuesday, April 17, 2018
2 - 3:30 p.m. ET
Just as necessity is the parent of invention, so are nurses. Nurses are on the front lines everywhere, keeping people well in their homes, improving the environments in which people live, play, work, and heal, and caring for vulnerable patients and families in all settings. And that is why nurses are also often on the front lines of innovation when it comes to care.
In this webinar, we will explore examples of nurse-driven innovation, including the use of virtual and augmented reality. Many of the inventions resulting from innovation were developed as needed-with little support for or acknowledgment of the nurse inventor. This webinar, then, will also consider strategies for how to prepare nurses to be innovators: Nursing education needs to include business and design ideas to bring out the inventor in every nurse and accelerate ideas to prototype and beyond.
- Nancy P. Hanrahan, PhD, RN, FAAN, senior associate dean of health innovation and entrepreneurship at Northeastern University;
- Marion Leary, RN, MSN, MPH, FAHA, director of innovation research at the Center for Resuscitation Science at the University of Pennsylvania; and
- Therese S. Richmond, PhD, CRNP, FAAN, associate dean for research and innovation at the University of Pennsylvania.
- Examine strategies to prepare nurses as leaders in innovation to improve health and well-being of individuals, families, and communities.
- Examine the use of virtual and augmented reality to improve training and education for sudden cardiac arrest.
- Explore business and design tools and skills required for nurses to be transformative drivers of better patient and health care outcomes.
To register for this webinar:
- Go to: Register for the meeting
- Once the host approves your request, you will receive a confirmation email with a link and instructions for joining the meeting.
- Please retain this confirmation email.
If you already registered for this meeting, you do not need to register again.
Questions? Contact Winifred Quinn at: email@example.com
Can't make the live webinar? It will be recorded and posted at www.campaignforaction.org/webinars
Please note: By participating in this meeting, you agree that your communications may be recorded.