Conference Volunteers Needed!
This message serves as a call for volunteers for the upcoming Louisiana Association of Nurse Practitioners (LANP) Primary Care Conference in New Orleans. The conference will take place September 28 through October 1, 2017, at the Hilton Riverside Hotel. More information about the conference and an official agenda can be obtained by visiting www.lanp.org
If you would like to volunteer during the conference, please inform the volunteer chair regarding which dates and times will be most convenient for donating time and services. Nonregistered members who wish to volunteer may select dates and times as is best suited for personal convenience. Included is a list of volunteer opportunities from which you may select.
- Speakers: During: Working at Speaker Table; Introducing speaker(s) in each session, monitoring the room & giving 5 and 10 minute reminders to speaker(s) for time tracking; After: Tallying evaluations
- CE: After conference working on needs assessment taken from evaluations
- Exhibitors: During: Working at Exhibitor table for check-in and collecting evaluations; directing exhibitors to their assigned booths and helping with bringing supplies to booths
- Posters: Assisting presenters with set-up and take-down at scheduled times
- Registration: Preconference: Stuffing conference bags: During: Assisting with signing-in attendees and distributing conference bags
- Volunteers: During: Working the volunteer table: After: Emailing thank-you certificates.
- Logistics: During: Assist with changing speaker signs after each session; assisting in various places as needed
- The Foundation: During: Working the table and providing information about the organization’s mission, role, and resources
- PAC (Political Action Committee): During: Setup tables, working tables, assisting with selling of items and silent auction (The PAC is of high priority for assistance with volunteers).
As a “thank-you” for donated service, LANP will provide meals during times of service. The volunteer committee will additionally award prizes to randomly selected individuals.
The 2017 prizes are:
- $100 restaurant gift certificate
- Bath and body gift basket
- Essential oils/handmade products basket of soap, bath bombs, body salts, etc
- Jewelry from the Jared Galleria
- Sports/Outdoor canopy with food/beverage cover
- 4 pack of beverage coolers
- Saints outdoor sports chair with travel tote
- FNP Student Prize pack of APEA products ($100 value)
We look forward to seeing you all at the 2017 conference. It truly pays to volunteer!
Person to contact:
Carla A. Vidrine
LANP Volunteer Committee Chair