Health Policy Update: Now is the Time!
This announcement has 3 attachments:
As you know, SB 187 is scheduled to be heard on the House Floor tomorrow, Wednesday, May 25 at 2:00 pm. We need as many NPs at the Capitol as possible!
Before the bill is heard tomorrow, we wanted to update you on a few important items that the Health Policy team has been working on. It is rather lengthy, so please read carefully.
• Rep. Thibaut is proposing an amendment to change the hours from the previously amended 2000 hours to 6000 hours in collaborative practice. LANP is supportive of this amendment in an effort to garner additional legislative support.
• This week, we have compiled a list of several legislators who may still need additional information and contacts from NPs in support of SB 187. We have strategically sent targeted emails to our members who are constituents of these legislators' to contact them directly. We are now asking that you please contact these legislators as well. They are: L. Harris, Hazel, Henry, N. Landry, Leger, Jim Morris and Schexnayder. See attached contact list above with email addresses and phone numbers.
• We've had several NPs come to the Capitol over the past few days to speak with legislators. They report that most of the time spent visiting with legislators was to educate them about NPs and the importance of supporting SB 187.
• If you follow us on social media, you've likely seen the videos that we have sent to all the Representatives in the House. If you haven't seen them, these are links to each of the videos we have posted so far:
Intro to SB 187 – Legislator's Video
Today's Topic: Supervision
We ask that you:
1. Continue to call and email the Representatives (listed above) in support of SB 187.
2. Continue to communicate with us. Let us know if you have been able to connect with your Representative so we can communicate this with our lobbyists. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Meet us at the Capitol tomorrow at 2pm in the House.
We will keep everyone informed of any new developments. If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know. Email us at email@example.com.
Thank you for your continued support!