Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Covington Orthopedics Website
Busy Covington, LA Orthopedic Surgeon is seeking a Licensed Nurse Practitioner or Licensed Physician Assistant to work PART-TIME.
Individual must have desire to provide healthcare at the highest level possible for the patient’s benefit and be a dependable, team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Working knowledge clinical procedures/processes:
- Superior interpersonal communication skills; medical writing skills.
- Superior customer service and "bedside manner" skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment that is dedicated to providing excellent patient care; values all contributions to product and outcome;
- Displays a professional, approachable and selfless demeanor at all times both to external and internal clients.
- Willingness to learn and continuously improve, to be audited, observed, and reviewed; responds positively to feedback.
- Working knowledge of medical office administration and procedures.
- Critical thinking, deductive reasoning and decision making skills.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support physician and assist in patient flow management
- Engage in direct patient care
- Provide leadership to other clinical staff
- Order medication and other forms of treatment as ordered by the physician
- Manage research and clinical trial program including writing abstracts and papers
- Round at hospitals as directed - draw blood as needed
- Travel to satellite clinics in New Orleans, Hammond and Slidell, LA as needed.
- Louisiana License
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program.
- Nurse practitioner: 1 year
Be the first to see new jobs near Covington, LA!
Enter your email address below to receive new jobs when they are posted.No thanks